Tailwind Associates has a need for a Network Technician for their direct client in South Carolina.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT: Assist SLED IT NETWORK ENGINEER AS FOLLOWS:
1. As needed, assist SLED Helpdesk and Operations departments in establishing and troubleshooting SLED network user access to the SLED private network A working knowledge of CISCO VPN appliances, Radius/Tacacs servers, and Windows Active Directory is required. Acquiring a firm understanding of SLED's security requirements is also required upon taking the position. This also includes assisting SLED LAN users with connectivity issues.
2. As needed, assist in the review of any SLED private network connectivity request or changes by remote SLED departments or Agencies. Must be proficient at reading network documentation and diagrams in order to convey any potential technical or security issues professionally back to the requesting entity, plus inform SLED's Network Manager and SLED's Information Security Officer of any issues noted. Requires a firm understanding of basic network and security design including SLED's security requirements.
3. Perform basic network monitoring and troubleshooting of all SLED network equipment. Report any technical issues to SLED's Network Manager and include the SLED Information Security Officer on any security issues. Must have a basic working knowledge of how to access the diagnostics and logs of CISCO Routers, Switches, and Security Appliances.
4. Assist in making basic network configuration changes to SLED network components as directed by the SLED Network Manager. Must have a basic working knowledge of how to configure CISCO Routers, Switches, and Security Appliances.
5. Assist with basic network cabling as needed in the SLED Data Center and SLED LAN.
by assisting them with any network and security requirements needed in order for them to get approval to access the SLED private network.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
ASSIST NETWORK ENGINEER WITH CISCO AND OTHER APPLIANCES (SEE SCOPE ABOVE).
Acquiring a firm understanding of SLED's security requirements is also required upon taking the position
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
CISCO VPN APPLIANCES,
WINDOWS ACTIVE DIRECTORY
Tailwind Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer